LICENSED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (LVT)
Best Friend's Veterinary Center is looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to add to our already amazing team. Our clinic is a dynamic and fast-paced, and we are dedicated to providing warm, loving, knowledgeable care for companion pets. Our clinic is unique in the high level of talent amongst our staff combined with the variety fun that unites us. Come showcase your talents with us!
The role of the LVT is to:
- Assist veterinarians in the practice of veterinary medicine and surgery.
- Perform all medical/surgical procedures under the direct supervision of the veterinary staff.
- Perform all laboratory in-hospital procedures and prepare specimens for outside laboratories
- Assist veterinarians in outpatient by taking histories, vital signs and weights.
- Provide nursing care for in-hospital patients
- Conduct pre-admission examinations and discharge office visits
- Have client contact through these visits and through other ways such as call-back phone calls
- Maintain robust and legally defensible medical records in cooperation with the veterinary staff
Educational Requirements: State License to work as a Licensed Veterinary Technician
CASTING CALL!! SUPERHERO VETERINARIAN
We are looking for a Superhero, otherwise known as a Veterinarian, to complement our dynamic team of Rock Stars, Comedians, and other talented performers with an extraordinary passion for animals. The right candidate doesn’t have to know how to fly, but should be quick on their feet and have the necessary medical and surgical skills for our action-packed reality. A great sense of humor to retain an audience is great, but one must also demonstrate the mental and verbal dexterity necessary to handle the occasional appointment scene plot twist.
Best Friend’s Veterinary Center is a fun, multi-doctor practice in the heart of picturesque Whidbey Island that provides high quality, exceptional care to dogs, cats, exotics, and wildlife.
· AAHA Accredited
· Cat Friendly Practice Silver Designation by the AAFP
· Doctor Certified & Staff Trained Fear Free Practice
If you love art, outdoor activities, eagle watching, walking the beach, or enjoying a breathtaking sunset, then this is certainly the place for you. Our convenient location on Highway 20 in Oak Harbor will allow you to find yourself at one of our many state parks within minutes; or in the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, Seattle, Vancouver, or the Islands in less than 2 hours. The island weather is moderate year-round with temperatures ranging from 35-80 degrees across the year and only half the rainfall of Seattle.
Stunts and Equipment
Our clinic is ready for action with cutting edge tools, services and equipment which include, but are certainly not limited to:
• Domestic and Exotic Health & Prevention • Medical, Surgical, and Hospital Services • Complete In-House Diagnostics • Orthopedic Surgery including TPLO • Dentistry & Digital Dental Radiographs
• Digital Radiographs
• Slit Lamp • Laser Surgery
· Laser Therapy
· Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) • Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
• Comprehensive In-House Library
• Chartless Impromed© System
Auditions If you are ready to apply, send your resume to Admin@im4pets.com. For more information, give us a call at (360) 679-6796 ext. 3025